Go 100 for Health Week of June 30
Tell us about week 5
Enter your healthy choices you made into this survey to win prizes. Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail. (Note: This survey will close Monday, July 7, 2008 at 5:00 p.m.)
Take the Survey.
Tips for Holiday Survival and Healthy Snacking
Read about healthy snacking in the meritcare.com health library:
Your Secrets to Healthy Snacking
* Predict changes in routine (eating close to bedtime etc.) do not skip meals
* Eating out is common on holidays or vacations so make healthy, balanced choices
* Watch portion sizes
* Sweet treats: instead of ice cream try fruit kebobs or frozen yogurt
* Summer= possible soft drink/alcoholic beverage intake increase,
-Replace these with water or 100% pure fruit juice
-Alternate alcoholic drinks with a glass of water so you do not get hydrated
(use diet or sugar free mixers)
* Stay active…take a hike or go swimming with family during holiday time off
* Holidays can be stressful…set aside time for yourself to read a book or relax
* Avoid the chips!
* Talk and have a good time. No eating while talking
* Only go through buffet lines one time.
* Eat lots of fruits, salads and veggies.
* Don't stand near the food
Monday Fitness Fun Nights
Don't forget about Monday Fitness Nights! Each Monday we'll meet at MeritCare Southpointe and go on a 3-mile walk, introduce some new exercises and give you the opportunity to talk to the experts on exercise and nutrition. We'll hold prize drawings, give tours of the Lifelong Fitness gym and offer free 7 day passes to all those that attend. Passes are good for all services in the gym plus the group exercise classes. Over 100 people walked last week. Hope to see you at next week's event:
Monday, July 7 at 7 p.m. MeritCare Southpointe 2400 32nd Ave. S., Fargo
If you do not live in the Fargo area, you can start your own walking club and tell us about it. We will list the information on the Classes and Events page of meritcare.com so others can join you or find out about a club already started in your town.
Upcoming walking clubs in the region:
* Christine, ND Next walk: Monday, July 7, 6 p.m. 105 5th St. Christine, ND More info:
* Detroit Lakes, MN Next walk: Monday, July 7, 5:15 p.m. 1245 Washington Avenue, Detroit Lakes, MN More info:
* East Grand Forks, MN Next walk: Monday, July 14, 7 p.m. 929 Central Ave, East Grand Forks
Keep up the good work and we hope to see you at the next Monday Fitness Night. We encourage you to send this message on to your friends and others and motivate them to sign up too! Go 100 for Heatlh.