To help people live fuller, healthier and more active lives, MeritCare is offering Living Well workshops. The workshops are free and are for anyone with ongoing health problems and their support people. Participants learn self-management skills to increase their confidence in managing their health. Living Well was developed by Stanford University; research has shown that the workshop is extremely effective. As one participant said, "It's like hiring a personal manager to take charge of you life, and that manager is you."
Workshops are being held:
- Saturdays, Feb. 9-March 15, 9-11:30 a.m., MeritCare South University, 1720 University Dr. S., Fargo
- Tuesdays, Feb. 12-March 18, 6-8:30 p.m., Fargo High Rise, 101 Second St. S., Fargo
- Tuesdays, Feb. 12-March 18, 1-3:30 p.m., West Acres Mall, 3902 13th Ave. S., Fargo
- Mondays, Feb. 25-March 31, 9-11:30 a.m., Hjemkomst Center, 202 First Ave. N., Moorhead
- Tuesdays, March 11-April 15, 6-8:30 p.m., NDSU Wellness Center, 1707 Centennial Blvd., Fargo
- Mondays, March 24-April 28, 6-8:30 p.m., MeritCare Southpointe, 2400 32nd Ave. S., Fargo
- Thursdays, March 27-May 1, 1-3:30 p.m., St. Joseph's Catholic Church, 218 10th St. S., Moorhead
- Thursdays, April 3-May 8, 9-11:30 a.m., First Lutheran Church, 619 Broadway N., Fargo
- Mondays, April 14-May 19, 1:30-4 p.m., St. John's Lutheran Church, 1710 Fifth St. S., Fargo
- Tuesdays, April 15-May 20, 9-11:30 a.m., Faith Lutheran Church, 127 Second Ave. E., West Fargo
Some more information:
- Participants will learn important skills such as problem solving, action planning, managing difficult emotions, communicating and increasing activity.
- Living Well is facilitated by two trained leaders who are peers, meaning that they too live with ongoing health problems.
- Workshops include six, 2½-hour sessions.
- Registration is required; call MeritCare at (701) 234-5570 or (877) 234-4240.