- percentage of facility that is filmless
- percentage of procedures that are digital
- the number of modalities and departments that share images
- the ability of in-network doctors and referring doctors to access electronic images
According to the magazine, information technology and technological advances are important to improving the quality of patient care. "U.S. healthcare organizations spent $19.1 billion on IT in 2006 and will spend $20.4 billion this year. By 2010, that number will increase by nearly 25 percent to $25.5 billion."
MeritCare is the only facility in North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota on the list. As noted on HealthImaging's web site (www.healthimaging.com):
- Each year, MeritCare does 375,000 imaging studies
- 96-100 percent of doctors have access to images
MeritCare is an industry leader in information technology and was also recently named one of the nations 100 "Most Wired" Hospitals by Hospital and Health Networks magazine. This is the ninth consecutive year MeritCare has made that list.