Throughout this summer and fall, the Thumbelina Children's Tour will be traveling to over 48 states to visit children's hospitals, schools, summer camps, fairs, horse shows and charitable fundraisers. Her owner, Kay Goessling, says "In addition to raising money for children's charities, we hope that hundreds of thousands of children will get to experience the joy of meeting Thumbelina in person."
Thumbelina's size is even a rarity at her home, Goose Creek Farms in St. Louis. Of the over 40 miniature horses stabled on the ranch, most are more than a foot taller than Thumbelina. Most of her days are spent playing with like-size farm dogs. She even sleeps in a dog house.
- Thumbelina has been featured on Good Morning America, The Today Show, Fox and Friends, and Regis and Kelly.
- Her name comes from the Hans Christian Andersen fairytale of a woman the size of a thumb.
- Her unusually small size is the result of a life-threatening birth defect.
- For downloadable photos of Thumbelina, visit news.meritcare.com
- Visit worldssmallesthorse.com.