Studies show that tobacco users are two-to-three times more likely to quit successfully if they receive help. For many people, cessation programs make the difference between quitting for a while and quitting for good. Counseling sessions are approximately $50 for a 40-60 minute session. Many insurance companies pay for this service so it is beneficial to check with them when making an appointment. Sessions are one-on-one, confidential and include:
- Assessing your history of tobacco use: What is your level of addiction and readiness to quit
- Education about the tobacco product (cigarettes vs. chewing tobacco) you are using: It is important to know the effects of tobacco and personal health risks associated with it
- Identification of personal triggers and suggestions for controlling cravings: What situations do you deal with that make you most susceptible to wanting to use tobacco?
- Review of medication options to assist with quitting
- Development of your own, personal quit plan: Consists of how to use the appropriate medicines, lifestyle and behavioral changes to overcome your tobacco habit
- Use the meritcare.com calculator to decide if you are ready to quit smoking.
Make An Appointment Today
Appointments are now available through self-referral. Call the Pulmonary Lab receptionist at (701) 234-2524 to make an appointment. For more information call Vickie at (701) 234-6452, Jay at (701) 234-6460.