In continuing to make the most advanced technology available to our patients, Sioux Valley Hospital USD Medical Center
is pleased to announce the addition of a new state-of-the-art Open MRI. The 1.5 Tesla high-field strength Open MRI (Siemens Espree) will deliver the highest quality images and comfort for patients, unlike current open MR systems in Sioux Falls, which are mid to low field strength (i.e. .3 Tesla).
The benefits of the Siemens Espree include:
- Four times more signal to noise ratio over traditional open MRI designs
- Extra-large open bore accommodates patients of all sizes, including obese, elderly, and children
- One foot of headroom helps ease patients state of mind, with 60 percent of exams done with the patients head outside the MRI bore
- A reduced need for retake and interrupted exams
- Total imaging matrix (TIM) allows for shorter acquisition times
The new Open MRI located at Sioux Valley Hospital USD Medical Center
is especially helpful for patients who become claustrophobic during an MRI. All six (three mobile and three dedicated)
of Sioux Valley
s MRIs deliver 1.5 Tesla, which is the current gold standard in MR performance.