The benefits of the Siemens Espree include:
- Four times more signal to noise ratio over traditional open MRI designs
- Extra-large open bore accommodates patients of all sizes, including obese, elderly, and children
- One foot of headroom helps ease patient’s state of mind, with 60 percent of exams done with the patient’s head outside the MRI bore
- A reduced need for retake and interrupted exams
- Total imaging matrix (TIM) allows for shorter acquisition times
The new Open MRI located at Sioux Valley Hospital USD Medical Center is especially helpful for patients who become claustrophobic during an MRI. All six (three mobile and three dedicated) of Sioux Valley’s MRIs deliver 1.5 Tesla, which is the current gold standard in MR performance.