If you 18 or older and in the high risk group, please contact your physician's office about getting a vaccination. The high group includes:
- People 65 years and older
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People with chronic heart or lung conditions, including asthma
- People with any condition that can compromise respiratory function or the handling of respiratory secretions
- People who needed regular medical care or were in a hospital during the previous year because of a metabolic disease (like diabetes), chronic kidney disease or weakened immune system
- Pregnant women
More Information About The Flu
- The Centers for Disease Control recommends that vaccination for all groups, including other persons who wish to decrease their risk for influenza infection, should continue into December and beyond. As MeritCare receives additional vaccine we will begin offering vaccine to these individuals.
- Parents of children 17 and under should contact their physicians office to schedule an appointment.
- If you wish to speak to MeritCare ASK-A-NURSE regarding health-related questions or concerns about the flu, please call (701)234-5000.