The impact of the new Sanford Medical Center Fargo goes far beyond health care. This project has had a significant economic impact in this community and state.
- At one million square feet, the Sanford Medical Center Fargo is the second largest private healthcare construction project in the United States.
- The Sanford Medical Center Fargo represents one of the most efficient use of private healthcare dollars in the United States. It ranks 7th lowest cost per square foot ($494) of the top 50 hospital construction projects.
- It took more than 4,000 individuals working more than 2.3 million hours to build the hospital.
- It created 1,000 construction jobs, which provided $55 million in wages.
- More than 45% of the construction crew was from the tri-state area.
- Many of the contractors, from plumbers and electricians to painters and landscapers, were from Fargo/Moorhead.
- More than 1,500 people will work at the new hospital.