Welcome to Sanford Health’s Understanding Birth eClass, a unique online experience that provides comprehensive information you can trust as you prepare for your upcoming birth.
In this class, you will learn all about the birth process and medical procedures through instructive video clips, animations and interactive games. You will also get a sense of what labor is really like as you watch several complete birth stories, and you’ll even have an opportunity to create your own birth plan!
Topics that are covered:
- Stages of labor and birth
- Coaching the mom through labor and delivery
- Coping with contractions and use of relaxation techniques
- Options for controlling pain during labor
- Cesarean birth
- What to expect once you get home & newborn care