All students start the clinical training with one week of orientation. This orientation typically includes:
Mandatory employee education, training and testing.
- Laboratory safety training.
- Review of student policies and procedures.
- Introduction to phlebotomy.
- Introduction to laboratory specific skills and departments.
- Introduction to the Sanford Library System.
- Introduction and training in the SCC laboratory information system.
Sanford Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A pre-orientation meeting is also held in February of the spring prior to the beginning of the internship year. The meeting is attended by the program director, education coordinator, academic program directors and both current and future students. This meeting allows time for both current and future students to interact and allows future students the opportunity to meet each other. Issues discussed deal with student policies, the intensity of the program, dress code, vacation days, etc.