Sanford Orthopedics & Sports Medicine is the only place in the region to offer the full spectrum of joint replacement care. We can care for patients before, during and after their joint replacement surgery, giving patients the best outcomes possible.
Sanford Health in Bismarck is a Blue Distinction Center+ for Hip and Knee Replacement, which demonstrates our expertise in delivering quality, specialty care in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Pre-operative services:
- Consultation with surgeon
- Education classes with comprehensive guidebook
- During surgery:
- A dedicated team of board-certified orthopedic surgeons and specially trained orthopedic nurses collaborate to help our patients get relief from pain and improve mobility
- Post-operative resources:
- Joint Replacement Center (short-term care)
- Specializes in total joint replacement including hip and knee replacement
- Program emphasizes joint replacement is more than surgery
- Team provides a comprehensive approach to help patients improve mobility, reduce pain and help patients return to an active lifestyle
- Practice of wellness-based model
- Patient wear their own clothes and are as active as possible during their stay
- Early mobilization to prevent complications from lying in bed
- A daily schedule that helps guide you through each step of recovery
- Private rooms tailored to meet the needs of joint replacement patients
- A dedicated area for group therapy
- Rehabilitation in Easy Street, which simulates your home environment and allows therapists to address personal home needs
- Outpatient therapy
- Physical therapy
- Helps reduce pain, regain mobility and strength and recover muscle and joint function.
- Occupational therapy
- Teaches skills to safely do daily activities
- Sanford Health Home Care
- Sanford Health has its own Home Health agency designed to assist patients with recovering in their own home.
- Services include:
- Free evaluation to assess needs
- Assistance with everyday activities
- 24-hour assistance of licensed certified staff
- Nursing care provided by certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and licensed nurses
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Patients must meet certain criteria to qualify for these services. Call (701) 323-8400 to learn more.
- Sanford Continuing Care Centers (long-term care)
- 24-hour skilled nursing services and comprehensive rehabilitation services for both long and short term stays
- Able to provide services much like a hospital stay that helps patients progress to where they can return home.
Regardless of your care needs, trust that Sanford has the expertise to get you back to living.
Other Sanford providers involved in joint replacement therapy or care
- Occupational and physical therapy services
- Home care
- Nurses who specialize in joint replacement
- Short- and long-term care