For the latest updates on the new Fargo medical center, please visit our website.
(Fargo, ND) – Sanford Health is announcing the addition of the Family Birth Center and NICU services at the new Sanford Fargo Medical Center today. These services will join the Pediatrics and PICU services already set to be a part of the new medical center.
“After looking at evolving health care trends, we determined the Family Birth Center and NICU will be moving to the new medical center. Our construction partners and Sanford team have been able to maximize the existing design to fit Family Birth Center and NICU into the building footprint,” said Paul Richard, President of Sanford Medical Center Fargo.
The $494 million project – under construction just along I-94 east of Veteran’s Boulevard – is beginning to take shape in what will become an 11-story facility with four towers, forming the shape of an “X.”
Along with the announcement of new services at the new medical center, the steel columns and beams of the structure are beginning to shift into place today. The structural steel will continue to be delivered consistently through October 2014. Every beam, column and girder requires careful coordination as each is laid out near where it will be attached. Each piece has a unique identification number that will aid in placement. Columns will be set on bases and tied into the main elevator shaft, which is the stabilizing structure for the entire building.
The construction project remains on budget and on schedule to be completed in 2016-2017.
- The Sanford Fargo Medical Center project is currently the seventh largest hospital construction project in the country.
- There will be about 62 trucks of deck and about 340 loads of steel for the project.
- There will be about 7,100 tons of steel including the fasteners and the stairs. There will be another 1,000 tons of decking materials.
- The facility will include 4,700 beams, 500 columns and 1,639 girders.
- About 100,000 bolts will be used weighing about 120,000 pounds.
- The height of the completed structure will be 274 feet.
- The majority of the workers currently on site reside in the Fargo-Moorhead community.
About Sanford Health
Sanford Health is an integrated health system headquartered in the Dakotas and is now the largest, rural, not-for-profit health care system in the nation with locations in 126 communities in nine states. In addition, Sanford Health is in the process of developing international clinics in Ghana, Israel and Mexico.
Sanford Health includes 39 hospitals, 140 clinic locations and 1,360 physicians in 81 specialty areas of medicine. With more than 26,000 employees, Sanford Health is the largest employer in North and South Dakota. The system is experiencing dynamic growth and development in conjunction with Denny Sanford's nearly $700 million in gifts, the largest ever to a health care organization in America. These gifts are making possible the implementation of several initiatives including global children's clinics, multiple research centers and finding cures for type 1 diabetes and breast cancer. For more information, please visit sanfordhealth.org.
Sanford Health Media Relations
(701) 200-6080 or email@example.com