Weight Loss Surgery – Bemidji
You've been overweight or obese for a long time. You've tried this diet, then the next, only to have the weight come back. If only you could just start over.
Now there's hope and more options than ever close to home in Bemidji. Weight loss surgery is one of these options, and you may be a good candidate for it.
Why weight loss surgery?
While weight-loss surgery isn't for everyone, it can help ensure long-term weight loss success.
Weight loss, can help to reduce the effects of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea and other chronic “comorbidity” conditions.
About weight loss surgery at Sanford Bemidji
We provide a whole-person approach to weight loss with pre-weight loss surgery counseling to help you prepare for the lifestyle changes needed to lose weight and keep it off. We also offer you post-surgery support.
Your journey will include several key passages:
- Initial consultation
- Education and preparation
- Surgery and lifelong follow-up
- A new, healthy way of life
At every step of the way, you'll meet specially trained professionals who will work with you. We all share a common goal: your lifelong success.
Dr. Zuberi is board certified and fellowship trained in weight loss surgery.
- Board certified surgeon by the American Board of Surgery
- Fellowship trained in minimally invasive surgery and bariatric surgery at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Medical Institutions
- Fellowship trained in therapeutic endoscopy, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and advanced gastrointestinal surgery at Wexner Medical Center at The Ohio State University
- Licensed to practice medicine in Minnesota, Maryland, Ohio, Wisconsin and Ireland
- Member of American College of Surgeons, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons and The Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract