International Clinics Physician Liaison Program
2015 Selected Participants
Congratulations to our 2015 participants:
- Family practitioner Scott Boyens from Sioux Falls, SD
- Family practitioner Jon Larson from Detroit Lakes, MN
- Pediatrician Terry Lang from Sioux Falls, SD
Have you ever wondered what it is like to provide healthcare in another part of the country or the world? The International Clinics Liaison Program is your opportunity to travel and work in one of Sanford's eight International Clinic locations. This two year assignment is designed to encourage physicians to interact with other Sanford International Clinics to learn from each other and share best practices as well as collaborate on practice issues/ concerns. The capstone of this program is a seven day trip to your assigned partner Sanford International Clinic location where our Sanford physicians will spend at least three days working and learning in the clinic.
- A Sanford family practice physician or pediatrician from any of our sites/locations. Subspecialist opportunity exists with our Kunming, China partner – YMCI.
- Complete an International Clinic Liaison Program Application Form and apply before September 15, 2015.
- Have the availability to travel to an International Clinics location for 7 days uncompensated (A minimum of 3 days must be spent in clinic). Travel and accommodations provided by International Clinics.
- A two year commitment to participate in monthly one hour video conferences with selected International Clinics site provider(s).
- Complete bi-annual reports for Liaison Executive Committee.
- Notify International Clinics department of planned travel dates at least 3 months in advance to coordinate travel/ accommodations.
- Obtain a valid passport and VISA.
- Obtain any and all required international travel vaccinations.
- Sanford International Clinics will cover travel (flight), local transportation, hotel, food and incidental expenses while at site.
- Physicians are responsible to pay all other costs accrued beyond the seven day liaison trip.
Physician Liaison Frequently Asked Questions