In addition to the web, fit is developing meaningful school resources to bring value and fun into the primary education setting. We are doing this by integrating fit points into science and math components to provide health promotion, an avenue into the classroom without taking valuable time away from those critical subjects.
fit4theclassroom.com – fit 4 the Classroom is an online school resource developed in cooperation with Discovery Education.
- Went live in September 2012
- Received over 50,000 visits which equates into exposure to approximately 250,000 students across the country
- Over 18,000 teachers from all 50 states entered a sweepstakes for their classrooms and schools
We are also reaching thousands of students through several pilot school programs.
- fit Club for Girls – fit Club, an after school program for 5th grade girls, has been conducted at 5 schools in Sioux Falls with over 150 girls participating.
- fit4Schools.sanfordfit.org – fit4Schools, which includes unique fit-based lessons integrated into daily classroom activities, has been piloted in 3 South Dakota schools touching over 500 students.
- fit PROMISE Program – fit has worked with Sanford's PROMISE program to reach nearly 1,000 students.
- Mission: fit Possible – This distinctive assembly program has held session in 20 schools in the Orlando, FL, area.