Note: Grill extra veggies at dinnertime so you’ll have some on hand for sandwiches and salads. They will keep refrigerated in a tightly sealed container for up to a week. Get an adult's help with the part of this recipe that requires a food processor.
Prep time: 5 minutes
What you need:
- 1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese or any other low-fat spreadable cheese
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3-4 cups leftover grilled veggies (we like carrots, eggplant, and zucchini)
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
Equipment and supplies
- Food processor
- Butter knife (for spreading)
What to do:
- With an adult's help, place cream cheese and herbs into a food processor.
- Pulse until herbs are evenly distributed throughout cheese.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of herbed cream cheese onto the inside of each pita.
- Stuff each pita evenly with grilled veggies.
How much does this recipe make?
- Serves 4
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD
Date reviewed: April 2011
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2014 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.