Note: Here's a great way to use leftover chicken from last night's dinner. No leftovers? Buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Either way, get a grownup's help with the chopping and cutting.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
What you need:
- 1/2 cup plain, nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grapes, cut in half
- 2 cups leftover roasted chicken, chopped into 1/2–inch pieces
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
Equipment and supplies:
- Mixing bowl
- Knife for chopping
- Bowls for serving
What to do:
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, celery, red onion, grapes, and chicken.
- Mix gently until everything is well coated in dressing.
- Divide lettuce between four bowls.
- Top each bowl with some chicken salad. Serve cold.
How much does this recipe make?
- 4 servings
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD
Date reviewed: April 2011
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2016 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.