Note: This recipe is especially for pregnant and breastfeeding women, but it can be a nutritious part of almost anyone's diet.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 11/2 c. watermelon, 1" cubes
- 11/2 c. cantaloupe, 1" cubes
- 1/2 c. chopped cucumber (peeled and seeded, 1/2" dice)
- 1 c. nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 c. ice cubes
- fresh lime
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Makes: 2 16-oz. servings
Serving size: 16 oz.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
7 g protein
0.5 g fat
35 g carbohydrate
2 g fiber
3 mg cholesterol
109 mg sodium
213 mg calcium
1 mg iron
34 mcg folic acid
Note: analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Why this recipe is good for pregnant or breastfeeding women:
This recipe is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and calcium, which are important nutrients for women during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD, and Tracy Chivari, MS, RD, CDN
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2016 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.