Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for teens with cystic fibrosis (CF). Teens with CF often need to consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional needs.
This interesting twist on the traditional breakfast favorite is easy to make and a great way to start off the day.
Prep time: 20 minutes
4 slices whole wheat bread
1/4 c. peanut butter
2 tbsp. jelly
1/4 c. heavy cream
3 tbsp. butter
1. Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread.
2. Spread jelly on the other two slices of bread.
3. Put one slice of each together to form sandwiches.
4. In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs and cream together.
5. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
6. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating well.
7. Place in skillet and brown both sides.
8. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
20 g protein
53 g fat
738 mg sodium
99 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2014 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.