Note: This recipe is especially for teens who need a gluten-free diet. Teens who need a gluten-free diet must avoid foods that contain gluten, which is a type of protein found in many foods.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 8-oz. package of light cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. light tropical fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- Cut tropical fruit into smaller pieces.
- Combine softened cream cheese, fruit, and 1/2 c. walnuts.
- Chill well in refrigerator.
- Mold into a ball and roll cheese in remaining 1/2 c. of nuts.
Serving size: 1/4 c.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
5 g protein
10 g fat
3 g sat. fat
5 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
11 mg cholesterol
110 mg sodium
53 mg calcium
0 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with carrots, celery, and/or gluten-free crackers. You can cut calories even further by using fat-free cream cheese.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.