Note: This recipe is especially for teens who need a gluten-free diet. Teens who need a gluten-free diet must avoid foods that contain gluten, which is a type of protein found in many foods.
This healthy, gluten free dessert is under 100 calories and a good source of calcium.
Prep time: 5 minutes to prepare, freeze overnight
30 oz. light fruit-flavored yogurt
1 c. strawberries
- Put strawberries in a blender and mix until berries are cut into small pieces.
- Mix yogurt and berries together in a large bowl.
- Equally divide yogurt mixture in 6 paper cups.
- Place a popsicle stick in the middle of the yogurt.
- Put in the freezer and freeze overnight.
- Before eating, remove paper cup.
Serving size: 1 popsicle
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4 g protein
0 g fat
0 g sat. fat
18 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
3 mg cholesterol
71 mg sodium
170 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Be creative and try different flavors of yogurt and fruit. If you don't have a blender, chop up berries or fruit into small pieces.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.