Note: This recipe is especially for kids with diabetes, but can be a nutritious part of almost anyone's diet.
It tastes like a little strawberry cheesecake!
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp. sucralose
- 4 tbsp. light margarine, melted
- 6 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 c. plain, fat-free yogurt
- 1 c. sucralose
- 1/2 c. egg substitute
- 1 c. strawberries
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- muffin tin
- paper muffin liners
- oven (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- hand mixer (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit (176º Celsius).
- Slice strawberries.
- Stir crust ingredients together in a small mixing bowl until well blended.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Press 1 tbsp. of crust mix into each lined cup.
- Place cream cheese in another mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until soft. Add yogurt and beat until smooth for approximately 1 minute.
- Add sucralose and egg substitute. Mix well until blended.
- Divide sliced strawberries and put on top of crust in each individual muffin liner.
- Pour cheese filling on top of strawberries, evenly divided among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Chill for approximately 2 hours before serving.
Serving size: 1 tart
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4 g protein
5 g fat
2 g sat. fat
11 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
8 mg cholesterol
182 mg sodium
48 mg calcium
0 mg iron
Less than 1 carbohydrate exchange for 1 tart, 11/2 carbohydrate exchange for two tarts.
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Substitute any berry for the strawberries. If you don't have fresh berries available, use unsweetened frozen berries with the least amount of carbohydrates.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.