Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who often need to consume additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 c. quick oats
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. water
- measuring cup
- microwave-safe bowl
- microwave (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- Combine oats, heavy whipping cream, and water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and mix well.
Serving size: 3/4 c.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
15 g protein
47 g fat
48 mg sodium
122 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Consider adding raisins, nuts, honey, maple syrup, and/or brown sugar to provide additional flavor and calories.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2014 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.