Note: This recipe is especially for teens with lactose intolerance. Teens with lactose intolerance often need to limit or avoid dairy products.
Enjoy this creamy chicken dish with a bit of Indian flare. This entrée is a good source of protein.
Prep time: 45 minutes
2 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 oz. plain or vanilla soy yogurt (lactose free)
1 1/2 tsp. cilantro
1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (191 degrees Celsius).
- Combine yogurt, cilantro, and curry powder in a shallow bowl.
- Add chicken to yogurt sauce and coat evenly.
- Place chicken in a greased casserole dish.
- Spoon remainder of yogurt sauce on top of the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 35 minutes or until it's no longer pink in the middle.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
32 g protein
5 g fat
1 g sat. fat
9 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
84 mg cholesterol
81 mg sodium
42 mg calcium
1.9 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Tastes great with couscous or rice and steamed vegetables.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2014 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.