Scavenger Hunt Answers
- Question: You'll find that you have more than one "septum" in your body. Can you figure out where two of them are?
Answer: Nose and heart
Where to find it: Your Nose and Your Heart & Circulatory System
- Question: How many bones does an adult have?
Where to find it: Your Bones
- Question: Can you remember which part of your brain helps you remember things?
Answer: The cerebrum
Where to find it: Your Brain & Nervous System
- Question: Which part of your digestive system is like a mixer?
Answer: The stomach
Where to find it: Your Stomach & Digestive System
- Question: What digestive juice from your liver helps to absorb fats in the bloodstream?
Where to find it: Your Liver
- Question: Name the three types of muscle in the body.
Answer: Smooth muscle, cardiac muscle, and skeletal muscle
Where to find it: Your Muscles
- Question: Assuming you're not bald, how many hairs do you have on your head?
Answer: About 100,000
Where to find it: Your Hair
- Question: Where can you find your pulse?
Answer: Anywhere an artery comes close to the surface of your skin, such as the inside of your wrist (just below your thumb) or the side of your neck
Where to find it: Your Heart & Circulatory System
- Question: How fast is a sneeze?
Answer: Up to 100 miles per hour
Where to find it: Your Nose
- Question: What happens to your skin to make it wrinkled and soggy in water?
Answer: Your skin gets pruney when it absorbs water. If you stay in the water for a long time, your protective layer of sebum and sweat get washed away, allowing the water to get through.
Where to find it: Your Skin
- Question: Which piece of computer equipment is about the size of a kidney?
Answer: A computer mouse
Where to find it: Your Kidneys
- Question: These four pointy teeth help tear food. What are they called?
Answer: Canine teeth
Where to find it: Your Teeth
- Question: Your tongue is covered with a layer of bumps that contain taste buds. What are they called?
Where to find it: Your Tongue
- Question: Which endocrine gland is in your neck and shaped like a bowtie or butterfly?
Answer: The thyroid gland
Where to find it: Your Endocrine System
- Question: Your spleen works like a filter to remove germs from your system. Name another part of the immune system that also works like a filter.
Answer: Lymph nodes
Where to find it: Your Immune System
- Question: Pee follows the urinary tract, which includes six parts. What are they? Hint: Two of the parts come in pairs.
Answer: Two kidneys, two ureters, the bladder, and the urethra
Where to find it: Your Urinary System
- Question: What does the eustachian tube do?
Answer: Works like a pressure valve in your ear
Where to find it: Your Ears
- Question: What's the white part of the eyeball called?
Answer: The sclera
Where to find it: Your Eyes
- Question: What are nails made of?
Where to find it: Your Nails
- Question: What are the tiniest tubes in the lungs called?
Where to find it: Your Lungs & Respiratory System
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2016 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.