Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for teens with cystic fibrosis (CF). Teens with CF often need to consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional needs.
This is an old family favorite, but it's loaded with calories and fat so don't forget to take your enzymes if you are pancreatic insufficient.
Prep time: 45 minutes
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
6 oz. mozzarella
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
1 tsp. parsley flakes
2/3 c. parmesan cheese
1/2 c. seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 c. vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dip chicken in egg. Then dip chicken in the seasoned breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken until it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish.
- Top each piece of chicken with 1 1/2 oz. of mozzarella cheese.
- Mix together heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes.
- Pour cream mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
59 g protein
60 g fat
931 mg sodium
485 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve this with your favorite pasta dish. Don't forget to add some veggies to your meal!
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.