Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional needs.
This creamy chicken dish is a quick and easy meal to make on busy weeknights.
Prep time: 60 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 11/2-oz. slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tbsp. white cooking wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 c. stuffing mix
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Arrange chicken in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top each piece of chicken with cheese slices.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup (freeze the remainder of the soup for later use) and wine or chicken broth. Mix well.
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, mix stuffing crumbs and butter together. Put bread crumbs on top of chicken.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Be sure that chicken is no longer pink inside.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
55 g protein
27 g fat
1083 mg sodium
432 mg calcium
Note: Cooking wine was used in this nutritional analysis. Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with your favorite rice or pasta dish.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.