Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who need to consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional needs.
This recipe is a high-calorie, calcium-dense twist on a tasty favorite.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 4.9-oz box of scalloped potato mix
- 1-2/3 c. boiling water
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 450º F (176º C).
- Stir potatoes and sauce mix, water, heavy cream, butter, and cheese in an ungreased 11/2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until top is light golden brown and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
Serving size: 2/3 cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
9 g protein
34 g fat
824 mg sodium
217 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.