Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who need to consume additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
You can make this yummy dessert now and freeze the leftovers to eat later.
Prep time: 50 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 box pudding-style yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (8 tbsp.) butter, melted
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 51/2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c. confectioner's sugar
- oven (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- mixing bowls
- mixing spoons
- 9 x 13-inch baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Mix together all the ingredients listed to make the bottom layer and spread in greased baking pan.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients to make the middle layer and spread over cake mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Serving size: 31/2-inch x 21/2-inch square
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4 g protein
18 g fat
378 mg sodium
77 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2014 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.