Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for teens with cystic fibrosis (CF). Teens with CF may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This high-calorie, high-protein meal is quick and easy to make.
Prep time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
1 (10.75 oz.) can broccoli cheese soup
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 c. whole milk
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
3 (6 oz.) cooked chicken breasts, diced
6 oz. cooked fettuccine
1 1/2 c. steamed broccoli
- In a hot skillet, melt butter and sauté garlic for 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Stir constantly to avoid burning the garlic.
- Stir in soup, heavy whipping cream, whole milk, and Parmesan cheese.
- Heat sauce mixture until it boils.
- Add cooked chicken to sauce mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Toss with fettuccine and steamed broccoli.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Serving size: 2 1/2 to 3 cups
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
69 g protein
32 g fat
268 mg calcium
1064 mg sodium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2014 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.