Prep time: about 1 hour
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 c. broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Feta or parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees Celsius).
- Place all veggies and garlic in a large Pyrex (thick glass) dish or roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sprinkle spices on top, and stir to coat.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until veggies are tender when you poke them with a fork.
- If you like, sprinkle the mixture with feta or grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4 g protein
6 g fat
17 g carbohydrate
2 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
16 mg sodium
66 mg calcium
1.5 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
If you don't have olive oil, you can substitute vegetable oil.
If you don't have balsamic vinegar, you can substitute Worcestershire sauce.
Try serving this over rice or pasta for an easy and tasty meal.
Reviewed by: Steven Dowshen, MD
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.