Prep time: 10 minutes
- 10 big leaves of romaine lettuce - washed, dried, and torn into small pieces
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt (replace with garlic powder to uphold flavor and to cut down on sodium)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Mix lettuce and other ingredients in salad bowl.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Serving size: 2 1/2 leaves
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
0.7 g protein
1.4 g fat
1.2 g carbohydrate
0.6 g fiber
0.7 mg cholesterol
200 mg sodium
18 mg calcium
0.4 mg iron
Chop up and add tomatoes and use 1/2 tsp. olive oil instead. The juice from the tomatoes will help keep the lettuce leaves moist.
Updated and reviewed by: Steven Dowshen, MD
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2014 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.