Prep time: about 40 minutes
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. oatmeal
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. blueberries, washed
- 1 egg
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- oven (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- mixing spoon
- 2 large bowls
- muffin/cupcake tin
- paper muffin/cupcake liners
- wire rack for cooling muffins
- measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat oven to 400º F (200º C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix in blueberries.
- In another bowl, break the egg and use a fork to beat it just a little bit. Then add the milk and vegetable oil, and mix.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients in the large bowl.
- Using a mixing spoon, mix about 25 or 30 times. Don't mix too much! Your muffin mixture should be lumpy, not smooth.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray. Spoon in the muffin mix. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- When muffins are finished baking, remove from muffin tin and cool them on a wire rack.
- Enjoy your berry tasty muffins!
Serving size: 1 muffin
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
3 g protein
6 g fat
19 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
18 mg cholesterol
344 mg sodium
86 mg calcium
0.9 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: February 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.