Parag Kumar, MD | (701) 323-3784
Accepting New Patients
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India
Children's Hospital at St. Joseph's (Paterson, NJ) (Pediatric)
American Board of Pediatrics. Fellow AAP
Areas of ExpertiseI enjoy serving children of all ages, and have special interests in early childhood development & literacy , Childhood Asthma , ADHD, Pediatric Infections , Obesity, Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (Insulin Pumps) & complex issues.
Philosophy of CareI consider it a privilege when parents trust me with the care of their precious ones. I advocate for providing culturally effective care for all of our patients and enjoy working with diverse patient populations. I thrive in educating my patients about their health.
Unique Medical Experience and Research
- CHAIRMAN Commission on Socio Economics(North Dakota Medical Association)
- ADLS ( Advanced Disaster Life Support) & AHLS (Advanced Hazmat Life Support )instructor & Provider- through the BORDRES ALERT & READY , University of North Dakota & University of Arizona Emergency Medicine Research Center
- Member Health Vision and Strategy group North Dakota
- The only physician on District Health Council (Bismarck Public Schools)
Hobbies and Personal InterestsDr. Kumar is married and has 2 children. He enjoys fishing, hunting ,traveling & swimming. Dr. Kumar is also a Shriner.
- UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences Dean's Special Recognition Award for Outstanding Volunteer Faculty (Professor of Pediatrics)
- Special Achievement Award from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Provider Achievement Gold Award for excellence in managing childhood diabetes
- AAFP ( American Academy of Family Physicians) recognition award for “participation as an Active Teacher in Family Medicine.”
- Multiple Best Teacher Award from UND Family Practice Residency program
- Best Doctors in America®2010-2014