Sanford Nursing Symposium
Target audience: registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, advanced practice nurses, nursing leaders, nursing students and nursing faculty
- Discuss four, mindful practices that can be used to create the best therapeutic relationships in clinical practice.
- Utilize appreciative inquiry to rediscover your passion for nursing.
- Review pharmacotherapy in heart failure.
- Discuss the components of a basic advance care planning discussion.
- Integrate the concepts of advance care planning in conversations with patients and families about end-of-life care.
- Explore the demographics associated with poverty.
- Discuss the barriers to health care experienced by those who are impoverished.
- Describe the most pressing needs of the impoverished that can be addressed by health care organizations.
- Recognize emerging trends in infection control within the health care environment.
- Review the latest infection control strategies used in nursing care.
- Review methods used to screen patients for abuse and neglect.
- Recognize possible indicators of abuse and neglect.
- Differentiate communication expectations between nurse and physicians.
- Outline the key components of effective nurse-physician communication.
- Recognize how every patient encounter is a sacred encounter.
- Explore 5 principles of kindness that can be brought to the work of nursing.
- Describe key factors that help create resiliency during times of stress.
- Develop personal practices to restore resilience.
- Explain professionalism in nursing practice.
- Recognize what nursing professionalism looks like in day-to-day behavior.
- Discuss the resolve for innovation in nursing practice to meet expectations of the health care environment.
- Explore factors that impact the complexity of nursing.
- Identify innovative strategies that can be used to maximize the work of nurses.
- Explore the impact of courage in nursing practice.
- Describe ways nurses can become more courageous.
1635 42nd St. SW
Or Take I-94 to 45th St., take a right at 17th Ave., it will be to the north of 17tn Ave.