Living Well Workshop
Designed at Stanford University, research studies have shown that people who completed the workshop experience:
- Better health
- Less fatigue
- Less time in the hospital
- More active lifestyle
Sanford's Living Well Workshop helps you take small manageable steps towards positive changes and a healthier lifestyle. Because the workshop is not about specific diseases, people with different ongoing health problems attend together to learn general skills for better health. While a variety of skills are presented, participants choose the ones they prefer and create their own goals. Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders, one or both of whom live with ongoing health problems.
Skills learned include:
- Set and meet your goals and effective problem solving
- Relaxation techniques to fight fatigue and frustration
- Effective communication with family, friends and health professionals
- Ways to deal with pain, stress and difficult emotions
- And many more "real-life" skills to take more control over your health and enjoying life
Each participant in the workshop receives a copy of the companion book, "Living a Healthy Life With Chronic Conditions", 3rd Edition, and an audio relaxation tape or CD, "Time for Healing," (Both Bull Publishing).
The workshop consists of 6 weekly sessions, which are highly interactive and mutual support and success build the participants' confidence in their ability to manage their health. To be most effective, participation in all sessions is very important. Support persons are encouraged to register and participate as well.
Pre-registration is required, call Sanford Health at 701-234-5570 or toll free at 877-234-4240. Workshops are available days and evenings in various community locations in the F-M area and throughout the region.
If you are interested in attending any of our Community Health Education classes and will require assistive aids or accessible facilities, please contact Sanford Health at 234-5570 or TDD (701) 234- 6655 to request such aids. Please call in advance so arrangements can be made. All Community Health Education classes are held in handicapped accessible classrooms.
Sanford Health will soon be adding the online version of the Living Well Workshop:
Workshop is held entirely online – same topics as the workshops held in the community.
- Participate from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Join up to 25 others in the interactive workshop at a secure website.
- Easy-to-follow online sessions, which are posted each week for six weeks.
- Log on at your convenience 2-3 times per week for a total of about 2 hours per week.
To learn more about the online option please, call (877) 234-4240.
If you are interested in becoming a workshop facilitator, visit our volunteer page .