Pet Therapy dogs and their people. These 4-legged volunteers and their people visit our Children's Hospital and Rehab Unit. Bring a smile to a patient by the wagging of a tail! Pets must be graduates of Obedience School and the specialized pet therapy training program through FM Dog Obedience School.
* Shifts as arranged by FM Dog Obedience School
Assist patients in therapy sessions in the gym area and assist therapist with tasks as needed. Perfect for any student considering Physical Therapy or Sports Medicine.
Weekdays: 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Assist patients in the therapeutic pool area. These are out-patients who benefit from the warm water exercises. Perfect for any student considering Physical Therapy or Sports Medicine.
Shifts are Mon through Fri - 3 - 5:30 pm
Play our lovely baby grand piano for customers and staff entering our hospital.
Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: Varies
Accompany our Behavioral Health and Rehab patients on weekly outings to movies or shopping.
Visiting with patients, reading, playing card games, etc. Assisting staff with re-stocking supplies, answering phone, helping with mealtime and other duties as needed. Must be post high school.
Weekends: 12:30PM - 3:00PM, 5:30PM - 8:00PM, Weekdays: 5:30PM - 8:00PM
There are four positions within this center. Must be post high school.
1. FOOD HOST - offer light snacks to patients in our Infusion Center; offer to visit as appropriate. Mon-Fri 9-11 am & 1:30 - 3:30 pm
2. PHARMACY - this position puts on miles running various errands. Mon-Fri 8 am -12 pm
3. LOOK GOOD...FEEL BETTER - volunteer helps set up the room for the class; helps the women in the class with their makeup and hair. Class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist and is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
4. WIG ROOM VOLUNTEER - assist cancer patients in selecting a free wig/ hairpiece; fitting and care of the hairpiece as well as monitoring inventory. The wigs/hairpieces are supplied by the American Cancer Society.
Visit hospitalized patients as assigned by your partner Sanford chaplain to help address spiritual needs of our families and patients. Specialized training and completion of "Befrienders" training (both provided) is mandatory.
Interact with patients and families. Offer and serve beverages and re-stock supplies in area. Must be post high school.
Shifts vary Mon-Fri between 8 am and 3 pm.