Assist patrons with navigating the food court, help to find seating and help clearing tables.
Weekdays: 11:00AM - 1:00PM
Assist with mailings and preparation for events that raise funds for Sanford Health. Opportunities vary depending on event.
Weekdays: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Visit patients currently in our hospital to ensure they have had a chance to complete his/her Story Card questions. As you are visiting with the patient be sure to scan their room to check the bedside is tidy and items they may need are within reach. While straightening the room be sure to notice any areas of concern and let nursing staff know. By interacting with the patients in a kind and respectful manner they will feel more at ease while in our facility.
Daily shifts - 9 - 11 am; 2 - 4 p.m.; 6 - 8 p.m.
Our Gift shops are filled to the brim with beautiful product and eager customers! You can check out our gift shops at www.sanfordhealth.org. We have four positions available:
1. CASHIER - assist customers with purchase
2. MERCHANDISE - mark and display products
3. DISPLAY - make our products more wonderful
4. SHOPPER'S ASSISTANT - assist customers in finding items
* Downtown shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sat from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sun from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* SU shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sat from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Greet visitors and patients in lobby; accompany people to their destination and answer queries. This is the perfect position for those who want to walk and talk!
* Downtown - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sat-Sun from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
* SU - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Southpointe Clinic - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Work with our patients in the behavioral health and eating disorder areas utilizing art to address psychosocial symptoms such as boredom, anxiety and loneliness. Available to MSUM art students only - supervised by MSUM faculty.
Shifts as arranged by MSUM faculty.
This volunteer helps set up the room for the class, as well as helping the women in the class with their makeup and hair. The class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist. The class is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
We have two positions in the NICU:
1. CUDDLER - cuddle/rock babies as directed by staff. Must be 21 years or older. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. * NO openings for cuddlers at this time
2. VOLUNTEER - assist by re-stocking supplies, running errands, folding laundry and showing families around. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
The volunteer will be assisting the customers to operate the copier and fax machines and setting up a CaringBridge website if needed. The volunteer will assist in directing the customer to the list of reliable medical information websites. The volunteer will also be responsible for answering the phone as needed, restocking educational materials and offering general hospitality. Interpersonal skills are essential and a familiarity with basic computer skills is required.
Tues, Wed, Thurs: 4:30PM - 8:00PM
Pet Therapy dogs and their people. These 4-legged volunteers and their people visit our Children's Hospital and Rehab Unit. Bring a smile to a patient by the wagging of a tail! Pets must be graduates of Obedience School and the specialized pet therapy training program through FM Dog Obedience School.
* Shifts as arranged by FM Dog Obedience School