Volunteer will promote a positive image of the EC by providing specific services which will tend to make the waiting as easy as possible for visitors and patients; Assist Nurse Assistant and Unit Clerk with designated duties; Offer hospitality by maintaining cleanliness of lobby, family room/crisis room: maintain professionalism and maturity regardless of their role in highly sensitive situations.
Daily varied shifts from 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Deliver bouquets to patient rooms.
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: 12:30PM - 4:00PM
Assist patrons with navigating the food court, help to find seating and help clearing tables.
Weekdays: 11:00AM - 1:00PM
Assist with mailings and preparation for events that raise funds for Sanford Health. Opportunities vary depending on event.
Weekdays: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Our Gift shops are filled to the brim with beautiful product and eager customers! You can check out our gift shops at www.sanfordhealth.org. We have four positions available:
1. CASHIER - assist customers with purchase
2. MERCHANDISE - mark and display products
3. DISPLAY - make our products more wonderful
4. SHOPPER'S ASSISTANT - assist customers in finding items
* Downtown shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sat from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sun from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* SU shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sat from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Greet visitors and patients in lobby; accompany people to their destination and answer queries. This is the perfect position for those who want to walk and talk!
* Downtown - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sat-Sun from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
* SU - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Southpointe Clinic - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Work with our patients in the behavioral health and eating disorder areas utilizing art to address psychosocial symptoms such as boredom, anxiety and loneliness. Available to MSUM art students only - supervised by MSUM faculty.
Shifts as arranged by MSUM faculty.
This volunteer helps set up the room for the class, as well as helping the women in the class with their makeup and hair. The class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist. The class is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
We have two positions in the NICU:
1. CUDDLER - cuddle/rock babies as directed by staff. Must be 21 years or older. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. * NO openings for cuddlers at this time
2. VOLUNTEER - assist by re-stocking supplies, running errands, folding laundry and showing families around. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
The volunteer will be assisting the customers to operate the copier and fax machines and setting up a CaringBridge website if needed. The volunteer will assist in directing the customer to the list of reliable medical information websites. The volunteer will also be responsible for answering the phone as needed, restocking educational materials and offering general hospitality. Interpersonal skills are essential and a familiarity with basic computer skills is required.
Weekends: 1:00PM - 5:00PM, Tues, Wed, Thurs: 4:30PM - 8:00PM