Interact with patients and families. Offer and serve beverages and re-stock supplies in area. Must be post high school.
Weekdays: 8:00AM - 3:00PM
Visit hospitalized patients as assigned by your partner Sanford chaplain to help address spiritual needs of our families and patients. Specialized training and completion of "Befrienders" training (both provided) is mandatory.
Many groups -families, sewing circles, faith community groups- give us quilts/caps. We appreciate these generous gifts. They are distributed to: NICU, Children's Hospital, Coordinated Treatment Center, RMCC, EDU, Rehab and Red River Advocacy Center. We request the following:
* all quilts need to be at least 36" square, even those given to the NICU
* blankets need to be quilted or fleece, not knit or crocheted (these don't stand up in the laundry as well)
* Chemo caps - these caps protect the very fragile scalps of patients who have undergone treatment. Preferred are cloth caps from VERY soft fabric. Knit caps are acceptable when soft, baby yarn is used. Heavy, winter-type caps get too warm for the patients.
* all donations are handled by Volunteer Services for distribution due to privacy concerns for our patients
* only items from homes with no pets/no smoking accepted.
There are four positions within this center. Must be post high school.
1. FOOD HOST - offer light snacks to patients in our Infusion Center; offer to visit as appropriate. Mon-Fri from 9 - 11 a.m. and 1:30 - 3 p.m.
2. LOBBY VISITOR - chat with patients and families in our lobby as they wait for appointments or treatments. Mon-Fri varied shifts from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
3. PHARMACY - this volunteer position puts on miles running various errands. Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m -NO OPENINGS.
4. LOOK GOOD...FEEL BETTER - this volunteer helps set up the room for the class, as well as helping the women in the class with their makeup and hair. The class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist. The class is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
Visiting with patients, reading, playing card games, etc. Assisting staff with re-stocking supplies, answering phone, helping with mealtime and other duties as needed. Must be post high school.
Weekends: 12:30PM - 3:00PM, 5:30PM - 8:00PM, Weekdays: 5:30PM - 8:00PM
Accompany our Behavioral Health and Rehab patients on weekly outings to movies or shopping.
The job will be prepping and finishing art pieces. Art experience is helpful but not necessary. The artist says this isn’t the most thrilling job in the world but she guarantees a nice work environment and genuine satisfaction in a job well done! This is the perfect job for that friend of yours who has said they want to get involved but not just sure how.
Play our lovely baby grand piano for customers and staff entering our hospital.
Assist patients in the therapeutic pool area. These are out-patients who benefit from the warm water exercises. Perfect for any student considering Physical Therapy or Sports Medicine.
Weekdays: 3:00PM - 5:30PM
Assist patients in therapy sessions in the gym area and assist therapist with tasks as needed. Perfect for any student considering Physical Therapy or Sports Medicine.
Weekdays: 10:00AM - 2:00PM