This volunteer serves as a host/hostess for the beginning breastfeeding classes offered before baby is born. Volunteers help by welcoming and registering participants The classes are held at both Sanford Southpointe and Moorhead clinics.
The classes are typically held Monday-Thursday but not ever week - so some flexibility with the schedule. Class runs from 5:45 - 7 pm.
Assist patients in therapy sessions in the gym area and assist therapist with tasks as needed. Perfect for any student considering Physical Therapy or Sports Medicine.
Weekdays: 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Visit hospitalized patients as assigned by your partner Sanford chaplain to help address spiritual needs of our families and patients. Specialized training and completion of "Befrienders" training (both provided) is mandatory.
Interact with patients and families. Offer and serve beverages and re-stock supplies in area. Must be post high school.
Shifts vary Mon-Fri between 8 am and 3 pm.
Work with our patients in the behavioral health and eating disorder areas utilizing art to address psychosocial symptoms such as boredom, anxiety and loneliness. Available to MSUM art students only - supervised by MSUM faculty.
Shifts as arranged by MSUM faculty.
Volunteer will assist staff by spending time with patients in this unit on the weekends. You may play card or board games with the patient, watch videos or TV, or just visit in this speciality area. Our volunteers show support to patients by utilizing active communication techniques.
NOTE: due to the patient population, only females will be accepted as volunteers in this area. Volunteers are not allowed if they have/are dealing with a personal eating disorder of their own.
Weekends: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Visiting with patients, reading, playing card games, etc. Assisting staff with re-stocking supplies, answering phone, helping with mealtime and other duties as needed. Must be post high school.
Weekends: 12:30PM - 3:00PM, 5:30PM - 8:00PM, Weekdays: 5:30PM - 8:00PM
Accompany our Behavioral Health and Rehab patients on weekly outings to movies or shopping.
There are four positions within this center. Must be post high school.
1. FOOD HOST - offer light snacks to patients in our Infusion Center; offer to visit as appropriate. Mon-Fri 9-11 am & 1:30 - 3:30 pm
2. PHARMACY - this position puts on miles running various errands. Mon-Fri 8 am -12 pm
3. LOOK GOOD...FEEL BETTER - volunteer helps set up the room for the class; helps the women in the class with their makeup and hair. Class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist and is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
4. WIG ROOM VOLUNTEER - assist cancer patients in selecting a free wig/ hairpiece; fitting and care of the hairpiece as well as monitoring inventory. The wigs/hairpieces are supplied by the American Cancer Society.
Our Gift shops are filled to the brim with beautiful product and eager customers! You can check out our gift shops at www.sanfordhealth.org. We have four positions available:
1. CASHIER - assist customers with purchase
2. MERCHANDISE - mark and display products
3. DISPLAY - make our products more wonderful
4. SHOPPER'S ASSISTANT - assist customers in finding items
* Downtown shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sat from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sun from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* SU shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sat from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Southpointe shop - Mon-Fri either 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. or 1 - 5 p.m.