Volunteer will promote a positive image of the EC by providing specific services which will tend to make the waiting as easy as possible for visitors and patients; Assist Nurse Assistant and Unit Clerk with designated duties; Offer hospitality by maintaining cleanliness of lobby, family room/crisis room: maintain professionalism and maturity regardless of their role in highly sensitive situations.
Daily varied shifts from 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Assist staff by answering the intercom phone of family asking to come back to see a patient as well as answering general unit phone; volunteer will be seated at the Nurse's Station.
Shift is from 7 - 9 or 10 pm depending on availability.
Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: Evenings
Volunteer will assist staff by spending time with patients in this unit on the weekends. You may play card or board games with the patient, watch videos or TV, or just visit in this speciality area. Our volunteers show support to patients by utilizing active communication techniques. NOTE: due to the patient population, only females will be accepted as volunteers in this area. Varied shifts.
Weekends: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
We have two positions in the NICU:
1. CUDDLER - cuddle/rock babies as directed by staff. Must be 21 years or older. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. * NO openings for cuddlers at this time
2. VOLUNTEER - assist by re-stocking supplies, running errands, folding laundry and showing families around. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Visiting with patients, reading, playing card games, etc. Assisting staff with re-stocking supplies, answering phone, helping with mealtime and other duties as needed. Must be post high school.
Weekends: 12:30PM - 3:00PM, 5:30PM - 8:00PM, Weekdays: 5:30PM - 8:00PM
Pet Therapy dogs and their people. These 4-legged volunteers and their people visit our Children's Hospital and Rehab Unit. Bring a smile to a patient by the wagging of a tail! Pets must be graduates of Obedience School and the specialized pet therapy training program through FM Dog Obedience School.
* Shifts as arranged by FM Dog Obedience School
Deliver bouquets to patient rooms.
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: 12:30PM - 4:00PM
Accompany our Behavioral Health and Rehab patients on weekly outings to movies or shopping.
There are four positions within this center. Must be post high school.
1. FOOD HOST - offer light snacks to patients in our Infusion Center; offer to visit as appropriate. Mon-Fri from 9 - 11 a.m. and 1:30 - 3 p.m.
2. LOBBY VISITOR - chat with patients and families in our lobby as they wait for appointments or treatments. Mon-Fri varied shifts from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
3. PHARMACY - this volunteer position puts on miles running various errands. Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m -NO OPENINGS.
4. LOOK GOOD...FEEL BETTER - this volunteer helps set up the room for the class, as well as helping the women in the class with their makeup and hair. The class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist. The class is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.