Gift Shop volunteers provide “retail therapy” by touching the lives of patients, families and staff that come into the gift shop. Volunteers will assist gift shop staff in maintaining outstanding customer service by generating sales, merchandising, ringing transactions, taking phone orders and delivering flowers or gifts to patients’ rooms. Gift Shop profits are used to support scholarships, patient care, programs and medical equipment here at Sanford and Sanford Children’s Hospital.
Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat:
This volunteer helps set up the room for the class, as well as helping the women in the class with their makeup and hair. The class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist. The class is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
The job will be prepping and finishing art pieces. Art experience is helpful but not necessary. The artist says this isn’t the most thrilling job in the world but she guarantees a nice work environment and genuine satisfaction in a job well done! This is the perfect job for that friend of yours who has said they want to get involved but not just sure how.
Our Gift shops are filled to the brim with beautiful product and eager customers! You can check out our gift shops at www.sanfordhealth.org. We have four positions available:
1. CASHIER - assist customers with purchase
2. MERCHANDISE - mark and display products
3. DISPLAY - make our products more wonderful
4. SHOPPER'S ASSISTANT - assist customers in finding items
* Downtown shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sat from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sun from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* SU shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sat from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Southpointe shop - Mon-Fri either 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. or 1 - 5 p.m.
Visit hospitalized patients as assigned by your partner Sanford chaplain to help address spiritual needs of our families and patients. Specialized training and completion of "Befrienders" training (both provided) is mandatory.
Assist our pediatric patients to find age appropriate toys or games; play with child as needed; help staff with tasks as needed. Excellent position for those pursing a Child Life Specialist degree.
* NO openings at this time.
Mon-Fri varied shifts from 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Sat-Sun afternoon.
Volunteer will promote a positive image of the EC by providing specific services which will tend to make the waiting as easy as possible for visitors and patients; Assist Nurse Assistant and Unit Clerk with designated duties; Offer hospitality by maintaining cleanliness of lobby, family room/crisis room: maintain professionalism and maturity regardless of their role in highly sensitive situations.
Daily varied shifts from 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Assist staff by answering the intercom phone of family asking to come back to see a patient as well as answering general unit phone; volunteer will be seated at the Nurse's Station.
Daily shifts - 7 - 9 pm.
Volunteer will assist staff by spending time with patients in this unit on the weekends. You may play card or board games with the patient, watch videos or TV, or just visit in this speciality area. Our volunteers show support to patients by utilizing active communication techniques.
NOTE: due to the patient population, only females will be accepted as volunteers in this area. Volunteers are not allowed if they have/are dealing with a personal eating disorder of their own.
Weekends: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
We have two positions in the NICU:
1. CUDDLER - cuddle/rock babies as directed by staff. Must be 21 years or older. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. * NO openings for cuddlers at this time
2. VOLUNTEER - assist by re-stocking supplies, running errands, folding laundry and showing families around. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.