This volunteer serves as a host/hostess for the beginning breastfeeding classes offered before baby is born. Volunteers help by welcoming and registering participants The classes are held at both Sanford Southpointe and Moorhead clinics.
The classes are typically held Monday-Thursday but not ever week - so some flexibility with the schedule. Class runs from 5:45 - 7 pm.
We have two positions in the NICU:
1. CUDDLER - cuddle/rock babies as directed by staff. Must be 21 years or older. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. * NO openings for cuddlers at this time
2. VOLUNTEER - assist by re-stocking supplies, running errands, folding laundry and showing families around. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Visiting with patients, reading, playing card games, etc. Assisting staff with re-stocking supplies, answering phone, helping with mealtime and other duties as needed. Must be post high school.
Weekends: 12:30PM - 3:00PM, 5:30PM - 8:00PM, Weekdays: 5:30PM - 8:00PM
Deliver bouquets to patient rooms.
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: 12:30PM - 4:00PM
Accompany our Behavioral Health and Rehab patients on weekly outings to movies or shopping.
This is a volunteer position that can be accomplished at home. Booties can be made for our Family Birth Center and NICU. Bootie knitters follow our pattern and the yarn is supplied by us. Knitters may also use their own yarn and knit prayer shawls. There is no set pattern for the shawls but we ask they be the size of a large scarf. We are pleased to offer our patients this keepsakes!
This volunteer serves as a host/hostess for the weekly lactation support group. Volunteers help by welcoming and registering participants. May also be asked to help assist with younger siblings at times. This is the PERFECT job for anyone who loves babies!
The group is held Wednesdays from 1 - 3 p.m.
There are four positions within this center. Must be post high school.
1. FOOD HOST - offer light snacks to patients in our Infusion Center; offer to visit as appropriate. Mon-Fri 9-11 am & 1:30 - 3:30 pm
2. PHARMACY - this position puts on miles running various errands. Mon-Fri 8 am -12 pm
3. LOOK GOOD...FEEL BETTER - volunteer helps set up the room for the class; helps the women in the class with their makeup and hair. Class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist and is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
4. WIG ROOM VOLUNTEER - assist cancer patients in selecting a free wig/ hairpiece; fitting and care of the hairpiece as well as monitoring inventory. The wigs/hairpieces are supplied by the American Cancer Society.