Interact with patients and families. Offer and serve beverages and re-stock supplies in area. Must be post high school.
Weekdays: 8:00AM - 3:00PM
Work with our patients in the behavioral health and eating disorder areas utilizing art to address psychosocial symptoms such as boredom, anxiety and loneliness. Available to MSUM art students only - supervised by MSUM faculty.
Shifts as arranged by MSUM faculty.
Assist patients in the therapeutic pool area. These are out-patients who benefit from the warm water exercises. Perfect for any student considering Physical Therapy or Sports Medicine.
Weekdays: 3:00PM - 5:30PM
Many groups -families, sewing circles, faith community groups- give us quilts/caps. We appreciate these generous gifts. They are distributed to: NICU, Children's Hospital, Coordinated Treatment Center, RMCC, EDU, Rehab and Red River Advocacy Center. We request the following:
* all quilts need to be at least 36" square, even those given to the NICU
* blankets need to be quilted or fleece, not knit or crocheted (these don't stand up in the laundry as well)
* Chemo caps - these caps protect the very fragile scalps of patients who have undergone treatment. Preferred are cloth caps from VERY soft fabric. Knit caps are acceptable when soft, baby yarn is used. Heavy, winter-type caps get too warm for the patients.
* all donations are handled by Volunteer Services for distribution due to privacy concerns for our patients
* only items from homes with no pets/no smoking accepted.
Supervise children in the child care we operate for our employee's children.
Shifts vary - weekdays ONLY.
This volunteer helps set up the room for the class, as well as helping the women in the class with their makeup and hair. The class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist. The class is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
The job will be prepping and finishing art pieces. Art experience is helpful but not necessary. The artist says this isn’t the most thrilling job in the world but she guarantees a nice work environment and genuine satisfaction in a job well done! This is the perfect job for that friend of yours who has said they want to get involved but not just sure how.
Our Gift shops are filled to the brim with beautiful product and eager customers! You can check out our gift shops at www.sanfordhealth.org. We have four positions available:
1. CASHIER - assist customers with purchase
2. MERCHANDISE - mark and display products
3. DISPLAY - make our products more wonderful
4. SHOPPER'S ASSISTANT - assist customers in finding items
* Downtown shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sat from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sun from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* SU shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sat from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
* Southpointe shop - Mon-Fri either 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. or 1 - 5 p.m.
Visit hospitalized patients as assigned by your partner Sanford chaplain to help address spiritual needs of our families and patients. Specialized training and completion of "Befrienders" training (both provided) is mandatory.
Assist our pediatric patients to find age appropriate toys or games; play with child as needed; help staff with tasks as needed.
Mon-Fri varied shifts from 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Sat-Sun afternoon.