Our Gift shops are filled to the brim with beautiful product and eager customers! You can check out our gift shops at www.sanfordhealth.org. We have four positions available:
1. CASHIER - assist customers with purchase
2. MERCHANDISE - mark and display products
3. DISPLAY - make our products more wonderful
4. SHOPPER'S ASSISTANT - assist customers in finding items
* Downtown shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sat from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sun from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* SU shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sat from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Many groups -families, sewing circles, faith community groups- give us quilts/caps. We appreciate these generous gifts. They are distributed to: NICU, Children's Hospital, Coordinated Treatment Center, RMCC, EDU, Rehab and Red River Advocacy Center. We request the following:
* all quilts need to be at least 36" square, even those given to the NICU
* blankets need to be quilted or fleece, not knit or crocheted (these don't stand up in the laundry as well)
* Chemo caps - these caps protect the very fragile scalps of patients who have undergone treatment. Preferred are cloth caps from VERY soft fabric. Knit caps are acceptable when soft, baby yarn is used. Heavy, winter-type caps get too warm for the patients.
* all donations are handled by Volunteer Services for distribution due to privacy concerns for our patients
* only items from homes with no pets/no smoking accepted.
Deliver bouquets to patient rooms.
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: 12:30PM - 4:00PM
Volunteer will promote a positive image of the EC by providing specific services which will tend to make the waiting as easy as possible for visitors and patients; Assist Nurse Assistant and Unit Clerk with designated duties; Offer hospitality by maintaining cleanliness of lobby, family room/crisis room: maintain professionalism and maturity regardless of their role in highly sensitive situations.
Daily varied shifts from 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Assist staff by answering the intercom phone of family asking to come back to see a patient as well as answering general unit phone; volunteer will be seated at the Nurse's Station.
Shift is from 7 - 9 or 10 pm depending on availability.
Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: Evenings
Play our lovely baby grand piano for customers and staff entering our hospital.
We have two positions in the NICU:
1. CUDDLER - cuddle/rock babies as directed by staff. Must be 21 years or older. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. * NO openings for cuddlers at this time
2. VOLUNTEER - assist by re-stocking supplies, running errands, folding laundry and showing families around. Varied shifts Sun-Sat from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Assist our pediatric patients to find age appropriate toys or games; play with child as needed; help staff with tasks as needed.
Mon-Fri varied shifts from 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Sat-Sun afternoon.
Facilitate workshops for people with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure or other on-going health conditions. After completion of 4-day leader training, volunteer leaders facilitate workshops which meet for 2 1/2 hours per week for 6 consecutive weeks. Workshops include relaxation techniques, weekly goal setting, effective management of symptoms and difficult emotions, and other self-management strategies. No previous teaching experience is required; health care background not necessary. Workshops held in various locations. Must be post high school.
Supervise children in the child care we operate for our employee's children.
Shifts vary - weekdays ONLY.