Greet visitors and patients in lobby; accompany people to their destination and answer queries. This is the perfect position for those who want to walk and talk!
* Downtown - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sat-Sun from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
* SU - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Southpointe Clinic - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Visit patients currently in our hospital to ensure they have had a chance to complete his/her Story Card questions. As you are visiting with the patient be sure to scan their room to check the bedside is tidy and items they may need are within reach. While straightening the room be sure to notice any areas of concern and let nursing staff know. By interacting with the patients in a kind and respectful manner they will feel more at ease while in our facility.
Daily shifts - 9 - 11 am; 2 - 4 p.m.; 6 - 8 p.m.
This volunteer helps set up the room for the class, as well as helping the women in the class with their makeup and hair. The class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist. The class is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
There are four positions within this center. Must be post high school.
1. FOOD HOST - offer light snacks to patients in our Infusion Center; offer to visit as appropriate. Mon-Fri from 9 - 11 a.m. and 1:30 - 3 p.m.
2. LOBBY VISITOR - chat with patients and families in our lobby as they wait for appointments or treatments. Mon-Fri varied shifts from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
3. PHARMACY - this volunteer position puts on miles running various errands. Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
4. LOOK GOOD...FEEL BETTER - this volunteer helps set up the room for the class, as well as helping the women in the class with their makeup and hair. The class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist. The class is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
Accompany our Behavioral Health and Rehab patients on weekly outings to movies or shopping.
Volunteer will assist staff by spending time with patients in this unit on the weekends. You may play card or board games with the patient, watch videos or TV, or just visit in this speciality area. Our volunteers show support to patients by utilizing active communication techniques. NOTE: due to the patient population, only females will be accepted as volunteers in this area. Varied shifts.
Weekends: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Visit hospitalized patients as assigned by your partner Sanford chaplain to help address spiritual needs of our families and patients. Specialized training and completion of "Befrienders" training (both provided) is mandatory.
Visiting with patients, reading, playing card games, etc. Assisting staff with re-stocking supplies, answering phone, helping with mealtime and other duties as needed. Must be post high school.
Weekends: 12:30PM - 3:00PM, 5:30PM - 8:00PM, Weekdays: 5:30PM - 8:00PM
Pet Therapy dogs and their people. These 4-legged volunteers and their people visit our Children's Hospital and Rehab Unit. Bring a smile to a patient by the wagging of a tail! Pets must be graduates of Obedience School and the specialized pet therapy training program through FM Dog Obedience School.
* Shifts as arranged by FM Dog Obedience School
Interact with patients and families. Offer and serve beverages and re-stock supplies in area. Must be post high school.
Weekdays: 8:00AM - 3:00PM