Assist with mailings and preparation for events that raise funds for Sanford Health. Opportunities vary depending on event.
Weekdays: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Our Gift shops are filled to the brim with beautiful product and eager customers! You can check out our gift shops at www.sanfordhealth.org. We have four positions available:
1. CASHIER - assist customers with purchase
2. MERCHANDISE - mark and display products
3. DISPLAY - make our products more wonderful
4. SHOPPER'S ASSISTANT - assist customers in finding items
* Downtown shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sat from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sun from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* SU shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sat from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Southpointe shop - Mon-Fri either 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. or 1 - 5 p.m.
This volunteer helps set up the room for the class, as well as helping the women in the class with their makeup and hair. The class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist. The class is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
There are four positions within this center. Must be post high school.
1. FOOD HOST - offer light snacks to patients in our Infusion Center; offer to visit as appropriate. Mon-Fri from 9-11 am & 1:30 - 3:30 pm
2. LOBBY VISITOR - chat with patients and families in our lobby as they wait for appointments/ treatments. Mon-Fri shifts from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
3. PHARMACY - this volunteer position puts on miles running various errands. Mon-Fri from 8 am -12 pm -NO openings at this time
4. LOOK GOOD...FEEL BETTER - this volunteer helps set up the room for the class, as well as helping the women in the class with their makeup and hair. The class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist. The class is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.
Volunteer will assist staff by spending time with patients in this unit on the weekends. You may play card or board games with the patient, watch videos or TV, or just visit in this speciality area. Our volunteers show support to patients by utilizing active communication techniques.
NOTE: due to the patient population, only females will be accepted as volunteers in this area. Volunteers are not allowed if they have/are dealing with a personal eating disorder of their own.
Weekends: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Accompany our Behavioral Health and Rehab patients on weekly outings to movies or shopping.
Visiting with patients, reading, playing card games, etc. Assisting staff with re-stocking supplies, answering phone, helping with mealtime and other duties as needed. Must be post high school.
Weekends: 12:30PM - 3:00PM, 5:30PM - 8:00PM, Weekdays: 5:30PM - 8:00PM
Visit hospitalized patients as assigned by your partner Sanford chaplain to help address spiritual needs of our families and patients. Specialized training and completion of "Befrienders" training (both provided) is mandatory.
Interact with patients and families. Offer and serve beverages and re-stock supplies in area. Must be post high school.
Shifts vary Mon-Fri between 8 am and 3 pm.
Work with our patients in the behavioral health and eating disorder areas utilizing art to address psychosocial symptoms such as boredom, anxiety and loneliness. Available to MSUM art students only - supervised by MSUM faculty.
Shifts as arranged by MSUM faculty.