The job will be prepping and finishing art pieces. Art experience is helpful but not necessary. The artist says this isn’t the most thrilling job in the world but she guarantees a nice work environment and genuine satisfaction in a job well done! This is the perfect job for that friend of yours who has said they want to get involved but not just sure how.
Many groups -families, sewing circles, faith community groups- give us quilts/caps. We appreciate these generous gifts. They are distributed to: NICU, Children's Hospital, Coordinated Treatment Center, RMCC, PICU, EDU, Rehab and Red River Advocacy Center. We request the following:
* all quilts need to be at least 36" square, even those given to the NICU
* blankets need to be quilted or fleece, not knit or crocheted (these don't stand up in the laundry as well)
* Chemo caps - these caps protect the very fragile scalps of patients who have undergone treatment. Preferred are cloth caps from VERY soft fabric. Knit caps are acceptable when soft, baby yarn is used. Heavy, winter-type caps get too warm for the patients.
* all donations are handled by Volunteer Services for distribution due to privacy concerns for our patients
* only items from homes with no pets/no smoking accepted.
Our Gift shops are filled to the brim with beautiful product and eager customers! You can check out our gift shops at www.meritcare.com. We have four positions available:
1. CASHIER - assist customers with purchase
2. MERCHANDISE - mark and display products
3. DISPLAY - make our products more wonderful
4. SHOPPER'S ASSISTANT - assist customers in finding items
* Downtown shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sat from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sun from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* MCSU shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sat from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Visit hospitalized patients as assigned by your partner MeritCare chaplain to help address spiritual needs of our families and patients. Specialized training and completion of "Befrienders" training (both provided) is mandatory.
Deliver bouquets to patient rooms.
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: 12:30PM - 4:00PM
Play our lovely baby grand piano for customer and staff entering our hospital.
Greet visitors and patients in lobby; accompany people to their destination and answer queries. This is the perfect position for those who want to walk and talk!
* Downtown - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sat-Sun from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
* MCSU - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Southpointe Clinic - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Assist families inquiring to the condition of their loved ones by answering the phone or the intercom; run errands within the unit.
Evenings and weekends a current need.
Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: Varies
Greet customers as they step off the elevator onto 2nd floor; Approach the guests and ask how we can be of assistance to them; Direct patients, families and visitors to their destination and ask if they have any questions; Offer hospitality by extending a friendly smile and a greeting.; Familiarize yourself with the current unit census.
Daily shifts - 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.; 12 - 4 p.m.; 4 - 8 p.m.
Assist with mailings and preparation for events that raise funds for MeritCare.
Weekdays: 8:00AM - 4:00PM