Assist with mailings and preparation for events that raise funds for Sanford Health. Opportunities vary depending on event.
Weekdays: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Greet visitors and patients in lobby; accompany people to their destination and answer queries. This is the perfect position for those who want to walk and talk!
* Downtown - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sat-Sun from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
* SU - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Southpointe Clinic - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Assist patrons with navigating the food court, help to find seating and help clearing tables.
Weekdays: 11:00AM - 1:00PM
Assist families inquiring to the condition of their loved ones; offer hospitality and information to families; instill a sense of calm and make families feel welcome; run errands within the unit.
Evenings and weekends a current need.
Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: Varies
Pet Therapy dogs and their people. These 4-legged volunteers and their people visit our Children's Hospital and Rehab Unit. Bring a smile to a patient by the wagging of a tail! Pets must be graduates of Obedience School and the specialized pet therapy training program through FM Dog Obedience School.
* Shifts as arranged by FM Dog Obedience School
The job will be prepping and finishing art pieces. Art experience is helpful but not necessary. The artist says this isn’t the most thrilling job in the world but she guarantees a nice work environment and genuine satisfaction in a job well done! This is the perfect job for that friend of yours who has said they want to get involved but not just sure how.
Our Gift shops are filled to the brim with beautiful product and eager customers! You can check out our gift shops at www.sanfordhealth.org. We have four positions available:
1. CASHIER - assist customers with purchase
2. MERCHANDISE - mark and display products
3. DISPLAY - make our products more wonderful
4. SHOPPER'S ASSISTANT - assist customers in finding items
* Downtown shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sat from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sun from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* SU shop - varied shifts Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sat from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
* Southpointe shop - Mon-Fri either 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. or 1 - 5 p.m.
Many groups -families, sewing circles, faith community groups- give us quilts/caps. We appreciate these generous gifts. They are distributed to: NICU, Children's Hospital, Coordinated Treatment Center, RMCC, EDU, Rehab and Red River Advocacy Center. We request the following:
* all quilts need to be at least 36" square, even those given to the NICU
* blankets need to be quilted or fleece, not knit or crocheted (these don't stand up in the laundry as well)
* Chemo caps - these caps protect the very fragile scalps of patients who have undergone treatment. Preferred are cloth caps from VERY soft fabric. Knit caps are acceptable when soft, baby yarn is used. Heavy, winter-type caps get too warm for the patients.
* all donations are handled by Volunteer Services for distribution due to privacy concerns for our patients
* only items from homes with no pets/no smoking accepted.
Visit patients currently in our hospital to ensure they have had a chance to complete his/her Story Card questions. As you are visiting with the patient be sure to scan their room to check the bedside is tidy and items they may need are within reach. While straightening the room be sure to notice any areas of concern and let nursing staff know. By interacting with the patients in a kind and respectful manner they will feel more at ease while in our facility.
Daily shifts - 9:30 - 11:30 am; 4-6 p.m.
This volunteer helps set up the room for the class, as well as helping the women in the class with their makeup and hair. The class is taught by a licensed cosmetologist. The class is held once per month from approximately 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. The volunteer must be a female, preferably a cancer survivor.