Sanford Health Phlebotomy Program
The Sanford Phlebotomy program has been temporarily discontinued.
Please continue to check the website for more information.
Phlebotomists play an important role – drawing blood and specimen collections that are critical to patient care and are often, life-saving.
Sanford Health Phlebotomy trains and prepares students to become certified phlebotomy technicians through our unique five-week intensive program. Our mission is to educate, support and inspire students as they work with medical teams who are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Find Your Passion for Life at Sanford
Whether you are just starting out from high school or are looking for a new career change where you can make a difference, Phlebotomy is a growing field with high demand.
Available in the Fargo-Moorhead region, Sanford’s Phlebotomy Program is the only intensive course where students develop the technical skills and compassionate service philosophy they need to create successful careers. As a student, you’ll gain experience working with a wide variety of passionate medical professionals in various health care settings. You’ll grow and learn while immersed in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Phlebotomists have a direct, hands-on role in patient care – providing a personal, caring touch while maintaining the highest standards in specimen collection technique and procedure.
At Sanford, you will make a difference every day in patient’s lives.
- Program is 40 hours/week for five weeks. Days begin between 5:00 – 7:00 a.m. and run for 8 hours/day. Missed hours must be made up to graduate.
- You must be at least 18 years old and be able to communicate in English.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Instructor to student ratio for lectures is 1:6; for clinical skills 1:2.
- Sanford Health Phlebotomist salary starts at $10/hour plus benefits.
- Total cost of program is $565 plus liability insurance premiums. (Includes a $25 application fee.)
2013 Class Dates
- The phlebotomy program has been temporarily discontinued. Please continue to check the website for more information.
Sanford Health Phlebotomy Program is approved by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS), 5600 N River Road Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018 Phone: 773-714-8880. NAACLS is recognized by the Council for Higher Education (CHEA).