College Campus Students Making a Difference!
A Dance Marathon is an event put on by college students filled with not only dancing, but with games, entertainment, food and fun!
THREE purposes of Dance Marathons:
- TO RAISE FUNDS for Children's Miracle Network at Sanford Children's Hospital
- TO RAISE AWARENESS of Children's Miracle Network at Sanford Children's Hospital.
- AN OPPORTUNITY for our Sanford Children's families to be a part of an amazing event created by awesome college students.
Children's Miracle Network is proud that:
- NO child is ever turned away regardless of their ability to pay
- 100% of the funds raised STAY in our region
- 100% of the funds raised GO to BENEFIT a child through equipment, education and programs, research, and Direct Child Family Assistance
Quick SDSU State-a-Thon Facts
- 12 hour event
- Began 7 years ago & events have raised over $96,000 for CMN
- In 2007 SDSU was awarded the "Best Opening Ceremony"
- Raised $27,601 during their event in 2008
- In 2008 signed a $100,000 pledge and is a sponsor of an EEG Room in the new Sanford Children's Hospital
- In 2012 signed another $250,000 pledge for Sanford Children's Hospital
- STATE-A-THON in 2014 :: March 29 :: 10am - 10pm
Quick USD Dance Marathon Facts
- 24 hour event
- Began in March 1997 and have raised over $250,000 for CMN
- Raised $31,161.13 during their event in 2008
- In 2004 & 2007 USD was awarded the "Best Closing Ceremony"
- In 2005 signed a $100,000 pledge and is a sponsor of an EEG Room in the new Sanford Children's Hospital
- In 2011 signed another $150,000 pledge
- USD DM in 2014 - March 15-16 :: 9am - 9am
Quick Augustana Dance Marathon Facts
- 10 Hour Event
- Raised more than $14,000 during their 2012 event
- Committed to raising more than $20,000 for their 5th year
- In 2012, signed a $100,000 pledge and is a sponsor of Infusion Bay #4 in the Sanford Children’s Hospital
- Augustana DM in 2014 – April 26 :: 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Quick Dakota Wesleyan University Dance Marathon Facts
- 8 Hour Event
- Raised more than $5,000 during their 2013 event with a goal of $10,000 by the end of the school year
- DWU DM in 2014 – March 1